Mental Health & Wellbeing
Mental Health and Wellbeing
Feeling Good Week 2020
We have just celebrated an amazing week - we took part in Hertfordshire's Feeling Good Week 2020. The children and staff participated in a range of activities. We were able to offer so much thanks to:
* A £500 grant from CAMHS Commissioning.
* £500 from The Friends of the school.
* Contributions from pupils.
What did we do?
* We had an Animal Encounters Whole School Assembly followed by workshops.
* We had a Healthy Tuck Shop at break times.
* For two lunchtimes, we had a whole range of different activities that we could choose from. There was a Movie Room, a Playdoh/Plasticine Room, a Modern Calligraphy Room, a Top Trumps Championship Room, a Traditional Games Room and an Origami Room.
* During one lunchtime, our Chaplaincy Team led a quiet prayer time.
* We had a Paralympic Roadshow from the Herts Disability Sports Foundation. Years 1 and Year 2 had Sitting Volleyball and Boccia, Years 3 and 4 had Sitting volleyball, Boccia and Curling and Years 5 and 6 had Wheelchair basketball, handball and Boccia.
* A group of 10 children went over to Southfield School and participated in a Time to Talk Mental Health session.
* Years 4, 5 and 6 learnt basic First Aid skills with Mrs Ashton.
* Missy (our Read 2 Dogs Therapy Dog) visited all classes.
* Tom Ward, who won Gold in the Special Olympics for football, took a whole school assembly and then visited every class to answer any questions and to show his Gold Medal!!
* We had a Whole School Talent Show - it was amazing and we had 32 different acts from Year 1 up to Year 6. There were singers, gymnasts, dancers, musicians and comedians.
* Despite spending money on all of these activities, we also made £80 from our Tuck Shop. We are giving this money to charity.
What did we do for our Staff Wellbeing?
* A lovely person put special soap and moisturiser in our toilets.
* During a lunchtime, the staff had a campfire with hot chocolate and marshmallows.
* During another lunchtime, Mrs Fernando made a curry and Mrs Mrabate made a dessert - they were both delicious.
* We had a Yoga session after school.
Feeling Good Week 2019
This was in February 2019. The children had a fun-packed, thought provoking week. Here are some of the activities that took place during this week...
Ark Farm Petting Zoo
Ark Farm Petting Zoo
Comedy Poetry Workshop
Virtual Reality Workshop
World Mental Health Day
We wore yellow as part of HelloYellow Young Minds Campaign. The children paid £1 and therefore, we raised £100 for the charity and the rest of the money has been used to buy Mental Health and Wellbeing resources for our school.
We are very fortunate to have weekly visits from Missy, our Pets As Therapy Dogs. She spends time with over 10 children in the school. They read to her 1:1 and then spend some quality time with her!