Mental Health & Wellbeing
We are very fortunate to have weekly visits from Missy, our Pets As Therapy Dogs. She spends time with over 10 children in the school. They read to her 1:1 and then spend some quality time with her!
Mental Health and Wellbeing
Feeling Good Week 2020
We have just celebrated an amazing week - we took part in Hertfordshire's Feeling Good Week 2020. The children and staff participated in a range of activities. We were able to offer so much thanks to:
* A £500 grant from CAMHS Commissioning.
* £500 from The Friends of the school.
* Contributions from pupils.
What did we do?
* We had an Animal Encounters Whole School Assembly followed by workshops.
* We had a Healthy Tuck Shop at break times.
* For two lunchtimes, we had a whole range of different activities that we could choose from. There was a Movie Room, a Playdoh/Plasticine Room, a Modern Calligraphy Room, a Top Trumps Championship Room, a Traditional Games Room and an Origami Room.
* During one lunchtime, our Chaplaincy Team led a quiet prayer time.
* We had a Paralympic Roadshow from the Herts Disability Sports Foundation. Years 1 and Year 2 had Sitting Volleyball and Boccia, Years 3 and 4 had Sitting volleyball, Boccia and Curling and Years 5 and 6 had Wheelchair basketball, handball and Boccia.
* A group of 10 children went over to Southfield School and participated in a Time to Talk Mental Health session.
* Years 4, 5 and 6 learnt basic First Aid skills with Mrs Ashton.
* Missy (our Read 2 Dogs Therapy Dog) visited all classes.
* Tom Ward, who won Gold in the Special Olympics for football, took a whole school assembly and then visited every class to answer any questions and to show his Gold Medal!!
* We had a Whole School Talent Show - it was amazing and we had 32 different acts from Year 1 up to Year 6. There were singers, gymnasts, dancers, musicians and comedians.
* Despite spending money on all of these activities, we also made £80 from our Tuck Shop. We are giving this money to charity.
What did we do for our Staff Wellbeing?
* A lovely person put special soap and moisturiser in our toilets.
* During a lunchtime, the staff had a campfire with hot chocolate and marshmallows.
* During another lunchtime, Mrs Fernando made a curry and Mrs Mrabate made a dessert - they were both delicious.
* We had a Yoga session after school.