Mental Health & Wellbeing
Our New Mental Health and Wellbeing Logo!
Hello Yellow Campaign
Thank you to everybody who took part in our Hello Yellow Campaign. We raised £440.80 for this very important Mental Health Charity. We also loved wearing Yellow for the day!
Class 4G took an assembly about Mental Health ahead of JustTalk Week 2020. The children reminded the school of how important our Mental Health is and that if we are having any difficulties, we should speak to someone about it. The children made some fantastic posters that we have put around the school...
They also made Hands of Happiness. This is where we remember different things that we can think of or things that we can do when we're feeling sad...
Year 4 have also been learning about having a Positive Mindset. They made Thought Superheroes who send us positive messages.. check out the inspiring messages the children have written...
We are very fortunate to have weekly visits from Missy, our Pets As Therapy Dogs. She spends time with over 10 children in the school. They read to her 1:1 and then spend some quality time with her!
Mental Health and Wellbeing
Feeling Good Week 2020
We have just celebrated an amazing week - we took part in Hertfordshire's Feeling Good Week 2020. The children and staff participated in a range of activities. We were able to offer so much thanks to:
* A £500 grant from CAMHS Commissioning.
* £500 from The Friends of the school.
* Contributions from pupils.
What did we do?
* We had an Animal Encounters Whole School Assembly followed by workshops.
* We had a Healthy Tuck Shop at break times.
* For two lunchtimes, we had a whole range of different activities that we could choose from. There was a Movie Room, a Playdoh/Plasticine Room, a Modern Calligraphy Room, a Top Trumps Championship Room, a Traditional Games Room and an Origami Room.
* During one lunchtime, our Chaplaincy Team led a quiet prayer time.
* We had a Paralympic Roadshow from the Herts Disability Sports Foundation. Years 1 and Year 2 had Sitting Volleyball and Boccia, Years 3 and 4 had Sitting volleyball, Boccia and Curling and Years 5 and 6 had Wheelchair basketball, handball and Boccia.
* A group of 10 children went over to Southfield School and participated in a Time to Talk Mental Health session.
* Years 4, 5 and 6 learnt basic First Aid skills with Mrs Ashton.
* Missy (our Read 2 Dogs Therapy Dog) visited all classes.
* Tom Ward, who won Gold in the Special Olympics for football, took a whole school assembly and then visited every class to answer any questions and to show his Gold Medal!!
* We had a Whole School Talent Show - it was amazing and we had 32 different acts from Year 1 up to Year 6. There were singers, gymnasts, dancers, musicians and comedians.
* Despite spending money on all of these activities, we also made £80 from our Tuck Shop. We are giving this money to charity.
What did we do for our Staff Wellbeing?
* A lovely person put special soap and moisturiser in our toilets.
* During a lunchtime, the staff had a campfire with hot chocolate and marshmallows.
* During another lunchtime, Mrs Fernando made a curry and Mrs Mrabate made a dessert - they were both delicious.
* We had a Yoga session after school.