- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- St Philip Howard Catholic Primary School, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England, AL10 8NN
St Philip Howard
Catholic Primary School
Take a look at some of our recent photos.Swipe content
Thank you to everybody who took part in our Hello Yellow Campaign. We raised £440.80 for this very important Mental Health Charity. We also loved wearing Yellow for the day!
We have just celebrated an amazing week - we took part in Hertfordshire's Feeling Good Week 2020. The children and staff participated in a range of activities. We were able to offer so much thanks to:
* A £500 grant from CAMHS Commissioning.
* £500 from The Friends of the school.
* Contributions from pupils.
What did we do?
* We had an Animal Encounters Whole School Assembly followed by workshops.
* We had a Healthy Tuck Shop at break times.
* For two lunchtimes, we had a whole range of different activities that we could choose from. There was a Movie Room, a Playdoh/Plasticine Room, a Modern Calligraphy Room, a Top Trumps Championship Room, a Traditional Games Room and an Origami Room.
* During one lunchtime, our Chaplaincy Team led a quiet prayer time.
* We had a Paralympic Roadshow from the Herts Disability Sports Foundation. Years 1 and Year 2 had Sitting Volleyball and Boccia, Years 3 and 4 had Sitting volleyball, Boccia and Curling and Years 5 and 6 had Wheelchair basketball, handball and Boccia.
* A group of 10 children went over to Southfield School and participated in a Time to Talk Mental Health session.
* Years 4, 5 and 6 learnt basic First Aid skills with Mrs Ashton.
* Missy (our Read 2 Dogs Therapy Dog) visited all classes.
* Tom Ward, who won Gold in the Special Olympics for football, took a whole school assembly and then visited every class to answer any questions and to show his Gold Medal!!
* We had a Whole School Talent Show - it was amazing and we had 32 different acts from Year 1 up to Year 6. There were singers, gymnasts, dancers, musicians and comedians.
* Despite spending money on all of these activities, we also made £80 from our Tuck Shop. We are giving this money to charity.
What did we do for our Staff Wellbeing?
* A lovely person put special soap and moisturiser in our toilets.
* During a lunchtime, the staff had a campfire with hot chocolate and marshmallows.
* During another lunchtime, Mrs Fernando made a curry and Mrs Mrabate made a dessert - they were both delicious.
* We had a Yoga session after school.
Keep up-to-date with what's happening.Swipe content
Attendance percentage for each class.
"We are part of God's family. We follow the way of Jesus by loving, learning and doing our best."
Awards we have achieved so far.