W/C 11th May 2020
This week’s key learning:
Maths - I know number bonds and can use them to solve adding and subtraction problems.
English - I can read and spell said, full. I can write a sentence using these words.
(Always remembering that every sentence starts with a capital letter and ends with a full stop.)
- Writing - I can read a short story and talk about it, to set the scene for your writing.
- I can write instructions for my favourite game.
Phonics - I know all the oa alternative family sounds. (ow, o-e, o, oe)
Reading books – I can find and read oa words. I can read sentences. I can answer questions about what I have read. This week’s books are: Animal Skeletons, Fun in the Snow, The Snow Monster
Religious Education – Jesus eats with the Disciples. I know that Jesus helped the disciples to understand that he was alive. I can reflect on how happy everybody was to see him.
White Rose Maths
This week you will be completing Summer Term Week 4. Make sure you watch the short clips first. This will help you complete the activities.
Monday - Lesson 1 – Add by making 10
Tuesday - Lesson 2 – Subtract within 20
Wednesday - Lesson 3 - Add and subtract worded problems
Thursday - Lesson 4 – compare number problems
Friday – Challenge
Spelling - said & full
- Everyday, try and find this weeks words 'said' and 'full', in any text. (This could be in a story book, the newspaper, a cereal box) You do not need to read the whole sentence, just see if you can spot the word.
- Everyday, practise spelling the words on your white board. Remember to; say the word, look at the word and read it, then have a go at writing it without looking at it. Check you have spelt it correctly. Repeat at least 5 times. (If you notice you are forming any of your letters incorrectly, please make sure and practice the correct formation.)
- Everyday, write one sentence using the word said. Then write one sentence using the word full. Once you have written your sentence check it, does it start with a capital letter? Does it end with a full stop? Can you and someone else read every word? Are all letters correctly formed? Use a coloured pencil to correct your work.
- By the end of the week you should have 5 sentences for each word and the aim is to improve on the previous days sentence.
Please read the short story on the PDF and talk about it. Then you can choose your favourite game to play and write instructions on how to play it. Use the words included on the sheet.
Maybe Mrs James and I could try and follow your instructions and teach our families some new games!
This weeks sounds are the 'oa' alternative family sounds.
We have linked this weeks Bug Club books to the 'oa' sound.
Fun in the Snow
The Snow Monster
Below are some resources/activities to help the children identify and read words with 'oa' alternative family sounds.
When you have read your books, please also discuss these together and discuss them, for example :
What happened in the story?
Was it what you thought was going to happen?
What was your favourite part of the story and why?
Religious Education - The Resurrection (Jesus eats with the Disciples)
Please read the story and answer the relating questions.