W/C 4th May 2020
This week’s key learning:
Maths - I know number bonds and can use them to solve adding and subtraction problems.
English - I can read and spell house, today. I can write a sentence using these words.
(Always remembering that every sentence starts with a capital letter and ends with a full stop.)
- Organise your bookshelf so your books are in A to Z order by the authors’ name.
- Write an invitation to a VE day party.
Phonics - I know all the igh alternative family sounds. (ie, i-e, y, i)
Reading books – I can find and read igh words. I can read sentences. I can answer questions about what I have read. This week’s books are: Butterfly Pie, Flying High, I Spy
Religious Education – Jesus appears to the Disciples. I know that Jesus appeared to the disciples in the Upper Room. I can think about times when we have experienced big surprises.
White Rose Maths
This week you will be completing Summer Term Week 3. Make sure you watch the short clips first. This will help you complete the activities.
Monday - Lesson 1 - Part-whole relationships number bonds
Tuesday - Lesson 2 - Fact families - linking addition and subtraction
Wednesday - Lesson 3 - Add together and find a part
Thursday - Lesson 4 - Add more and count on within 20
Friday – Challenge
Spelling - house & today
- Everyday, try and find this weeks words 'house' and 'today', in any text. (This could be in a story book, the newspaper, a cereal box) You do not need to read the whole sentence, just see if you can spot the word.
- Everyday, practise spelling the words on your white board. Remember to; say the word, look at the word and read it, then have a go at writing it without looking at it. Check you have spelt it correctly. Repeat at least 5 times. (If you notice you are forming any of your letters incorrectly, please make sure and practice the correct formation.)
- Everyday, write one sentence using the word house. Then write one sentence using the word today. Once you have written your sentence check it, does it start with a capital letter? Does it end with a full stop? Can you and someone else read every word? Are all letters correctly formed? Use a coloured pencil to correct your work.
- By the end of the week you should have 5 sentences for each word and the aim is to improve on the previous days sentence.
Do you remember writing invites in class for Pipsqueak’s party? Use those skills and ideas for writing your invite to a VE Day celebration party.
Remember to tell them what you are making, cooking and planning for the party. What would you like them to bring? When is the celebration?
We are looking forward to reading your invites.
This weeks sounds are the 'igh' alternative family sounds.
We have linked this weeks Bug Club books to the 'igh' sound.
and complete the activities.
Below are some resources/activities to help the children identify and read words with 'igh' alternative family sounds.
When you have read your books, please also discuss these together and discuss them, for example :
What happened in the story?
Was it what you thought was going to happen?
What was your favourite part of the story and why?
Religious Education - The Resurrection (Jesus appears to the Disciples)
Please read the story and answer the relating questions.